Cookie Policy

Our site uses cookies. To find out more about cookies and how we use them please click here. If you continue to use our site we'll assume you consent to our use of cookies.

Parents & Carers

Reporting a concern

If you think a child or young person is being harmed or is at risk of being harmed, this section will offer guidance on how to raise your concerns.

If you think a child or young person is being harmed or is at risk of being harmed then you must contact Children Social Work Services and tell them your concerns.

You can report your concerns to Solihull Children’s Social Work Services by calling the MASH Team on 0121 788 4333.  MASH is a Mult-Agency Safeguarding Hub, this leaflet provides you with more information about MASH 

Alternatively you can contact the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 or report your concerns on line via the ‘Report child abuse online by clicking here

If you need to report concerns out of office hours then please contact the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0121 605 6060

If you think a child is in immediate danger, call the emergency services on 999.

When making a referral you can choose to remain anonymous however it is helpful if you can advise us of your name and how you can be contacted in case we need to check anything out with you at a later stage. It may be possible that the child and his/her family can identify who contacted us based on the information you have provided however we will not share that information if you have asked us not to do so.

As much information as you can provide about the child/young person will help us including name, age, address, who lives at the home including other children and details of school or nursery. However if you do not have all of this information it should not stop you contacting us.

You should always contact us if you are worried a child or young person is at risk of abuse or neglect

What can I do if I am a child or young person who is being abused or neglected?

ChildLineis a free, confidential helpline for all children and young people in the UK. You can call at any time of day or night, and talk about any problem. Just pick up a phone and dial 0800 1111.

The lines can be very busy, so if you can’t get through at first keep trying.

You can also phone the Solihull MASH Team on 0121 788 4333.

You can also write to ChildLine if you prefer, and one of the counsellors will reply to your letter. This is also free, and you don’t have to use a stamp. Write to:

ChildLine, Freepost NATN1111, London, E1 6BR

You can also ring the NSPCC helpline on 0808 800 5000.

What can I do if I work with children and I have a concern about child abuse?

As a person who works (paid or unpaid) with children and young people, you have a duty to refer any concerns you may have regarding the welfare of a child or young person in accordance with Solihull LSCB Multi-agency Procedures.

You must refer your concerns to Solihull Children’s Social Work Services using the multi-agency referral form below and if you are concerned about the immediate safety of a child or young person you should contact the Police on 999

You can access the Multi-agency referral form by clicking here

The MASH Team can be contacted on 0121 788 4333

There is more information available for practitioners and volunteers on this website