Welcome to Solihull LSCB
Welcome to Solihull Local Safeguarding Children Board
New Year New... multi-agency referral form
Following extensive consultation with partners through the LSCB, Children’s Services will launching a new referral form on the 8th January 2018. Using the Signs of Safety methodology, the new referral form should help referrers be able to articulate their professional judgement, link to the Threshold document and help navigate consent and information sharing. For the first time the same form will be used to make referrals to Engage, Children’s Social Work Services and the Youth Offending Team for preventative work, with the referrer considering the service that is needed to support the child/ family, based on the information they provide.
The new form itself is very self-explanatory and its use will be reviewed in the new year. We are also considering how to create a save functionality and whether this can be safely managed. Current changes to the form are as follows:
- - Questions about consent and information sharing are now more explicit
- - There are hyperlinks to Information Sharing and the Threshold document on the LSCB website
- - There are hyperlinks to the practitioners’ toolbox to help with decision-making
- - There is now the functionality to add multiple siblings to a child
- - Similarly, there is the option to add in important/ significant adults
- - Inclusion of a Signs of Safety section asking what’s working well, what practitioners are worried about and the impact for the child/ren and family
- - Inclusion of Engage and Youth Offending Services in the referral process to help practitioners get the appropriate support at the right time.
Any questions about the new process, please contact Adam Birchall firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have case related questions please contact the following:
The MASH Team 0121 788 4333
The Engage Duty Desk 0121 709 7103
The Youth Offending Service 0121 709 7000
Emergency Duty Team (EDT – Emergency out of hours) 0121 605 6060
The link for the new form will be the same as the current form:
We would like to extend our thanks to all multi-agency practitioners who took part in the consultation process.